Those That



Wall of Honor

A Place for Mom has created the “Wall of Honor” to highlight U.S. veterans and pay tribute to the men and women who have played a critical role in our nation’s history. This tribute offers family and friends the opportunity to celebrate a loved one that has served in the U.S. military by sharing a treasured photo along with military and life highlights, and personal messages.


Catastrophic Injury

Veterans who are 100% service-connected IU may be eligible for an additional monthly entitlement of $62.50/mo for catastrophic injury.












Specially Adapted Housing

Certain veterans and service members with service-connected disabilities may be entitled to a Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grant from VA to help build a new specially adapted house or buy a house and modify it to meet their disability-related requirements. Eligible veterans or service members may now receive up to three grants, with the total dollar amount of the grants no to exceed the maximum allowable. Previous grant recipients who had received assistance of less than the current maximum allowable may be eligible for an additional SAH grant.

Eligible veterans who are temporarily residing in a home owned by a family member may also receive assistance in the form of a grant to assist in the veteran in adapting the family member’s home to meet his or her special needs. Those eligible for a $50,000 total grant would be permitted to use up to $14,000 and those eligible for a $10,000 total grant would be permitted to use up to $2,000. (See eligibility requirements for a different grant amounts) However, VA is not authorized to make such grants available to assist active duty personnel.


Eligibility for up to $50,000: VA may approve a grant of not more than 50 percent of the cost of building, buying, or adapting existing homes or paying to reduce indebtedness on a previous owned home that is being adapted, up to a maximum of $50,000. In certain instances, the full grant amount may be applied toward remodeling costs. Veterans and service members must be determined eligible to receive compensation for permanent and total service-connected disability due to one of the following:


1.    Loss or loss of use of both lower extremities, such as to preclude locomotion without the aid of braces, crutches, canes or a wheelchair.

2.    Loss or loss of use of both upper extremities at or above the elbow.

3.    Blindness in both eyes, having only light perception, plus loss or loss of use of one lower extremity.

4.    Loss or loss of use of one lower extremity together with (a) residuals of organic disease or injury, or (b) the loss or loss of use of one upper extremity which so affects the functions of balance or propulsion as to preclude locomotion without the use of braces, canes crutches or a wheelchair



Did You Know?