Those That


Questions & Answers 

INSTRUCTIONS:  Please read each question carefully.  If you are able to answer question appropriately use the form below the question to respond.  Your name will not appear on the public answer page.  Only your initials and date of your response will be visible.

Q343:  My partner John G. was in Vietnam as a Helicopter Pilot. He suffers from Agent Orange. His breaks out on his face, neck and chest frequently. I wonder if he could get compensation for it?

If you have a question about benefits, compensation, pension or VA related issues please submit here

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

Use Form Below To Respond

A1:  My answer would yes if he has been diagnosed with skin cancer. I would suggest that you contact your local VA.  (JH)  1/14/20


A2:  Who made the determination already that your friends breakout he is experiencing is resultant of Agent Orange. By chance if it was already determined by a physician for the VA then I would have to say YES! he may be entitled as being a patient of the VA and possibly with monetary compensation. My advice for your friend is to contact the VA closest his home and request to be evaluated by a VA physician who is assigned to provide a Agent Orange evaluation and not to depend on the advice of others outside the VA. Helicopter Pilots were Heroes.  (DR)  1/14/20


A3:  Yes, he should file for Agent Orange exposure ASAP, especially if he exhibits any of the presumptive conditions associated with AO. Also, he should apply for PTSD and hearing loss. A qualified Veteran Service officer (VSO) will be able to help him apply for benefits based on his service. See one ASAP.  (AB)  1/14/20