Those That


Questions & Answers 

INSTRUCTIONS:  Please read each question carefully.  If you are able to answer question appropriately use the form below the question to respond.  Your name will not appear on the public answer page.  Only your initials and date of your response will be visible.

Q333:  I was honorably discharged after the orders of the Silver Star went out to my company`s First Sergeant. I found out about this when the Specialist-4 emailed me after finding my email and notified me of the facts on my earning the Bronze Star. I truly would like to have this for the men that didn`t get to return to their loved ones n families.  How do I get one?  One other issue since I`m here. I`ve had three separate surgeries for prostate problems (was never told whether it was cancer or not) and due to these issues I lost a testicle which as we all know is a sex-organ. Yes I was in the A/O area when serving combat duty in the V.N. 

If you have a question about benefits, compensation, pension or VA related issues please submit here

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

Use Form Below To Respond

A1:   If you have a Bronze Star award it will be listed on your DD214, whether Meritorious Service or Valor ("V"). As to how to "get", they are available for purchase without proof from many sources, online or even antique stores...including ribbon and small medals. However, if your award is not shown on your DD214 or with orders (your military records requested from the Personnel Center), that is a bigger problem. If you do not have your records, search in your browser for instructions, or go to the VA website to find.  (GW)  12/28/19


A2:  No matter what if it is not in your record you have no chance on getting it. The paper work must be submitted and approved and it would be on your DD214 If you feel that your action warrants a Bronze and you have proof like someone that was with you when the action took place. You can write to the branch of the service that you were in and present your case. Good Luck.  (PJ)  12/28/19


A3:  Request your records at eVetRecs. In the remarks block, add the following in the remarks block: request all records of assignment, efficiency ratings and awards. If your records were destroyed, the National Archives facility in College Park, MD, has Division records, but you or a paid researcher have to do the search.  (DW)  12/29/19


A4:  You can request all information during your time in the military here, even all your US issued ribbons.   (RD)  12/29/19