Those That


Questions & Answers 

INSTRUCTIONS:  Please read each question carefully.  If you are able to answer question appropriately use the form below the question to respond.  Your name will not appear on the public answer page.  Only your initials and date of your response will be visible.

Q318:  I think the VA over paid me back pay.  Who can I contact to get this fixed? 

If you have a question about benefits, compensation, pension or VA related issues please submit here

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

Use Form Below To Respond

A1:  Contact the Regional VA office in your state tell the operator to connect you to the group that handles back pay.  (ML)  12/10/19


A2:  If VA over paid you, Debt Management will contact you. They will provide you with a detail letter of any presumed over payment and how they intend to recoup that money. In the interim, if you truly believe that you were over paid, recommend you put any perceived over payments in an interest bearing savings account, and "if" you receive a letter from Debt Management regarding an over payment, you can either write them a check for the full amount, or have it electronically transferred. Otherwise, Debt Management will inform you of how they plan to recoup any over payment.  (LC)  12/11/19