Prohibited Items On USVCP
Many laws, regulations and policies, in a variety of jurisdictions, regulate the goods and services that may be bought and sold online. For your information, we have prepared a list of some of the types of prohibited and restricted items that are not allowed on USVCP.
Ultimately, all users on USVCP remain responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale, payment or exchange, that may apply to transactions in which they participate. Lastly, we strongly encourage you to research the applicable laws and regulations that may apply to your transaction.
An evolving list of items not permitted for advertising on USVCP:
- Obscene material or child pornography.
- Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution and/or sex trafficking.
- Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
- Items issued to United States Armed Forces that have not been disposed of in accordance with Department of Defense demilitarization policies.
- Fireworks, including but not limited to "safe and sane" fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices, including but not limited to prescription or contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles or hearing aids.
- Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims or treatment claims that require FDA approval.
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts.
- Pet animal parts, blood, fluids or body parts of any sort.
- Restricted or regulated plants and insects, including but not limited to noxious weeds, medicinal plants, endangered plant species, or live insects or pests.
- Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous substances including but not limited to contaminated toys, or art and craft material containing toxic substances without a warning label.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to access cards, password sniffers, access card programmers and unloopers, or cable descramblers.
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Burglary tools, including but not limited to lock-picks or motor vehicle master keys, electronic devices designed to unlock doors, windows, or anything that locks with key or electronically.
- Phony identification cards, items with police insignia, citizenship documents, or birth certificates.
- Counterfeit currency of any sort, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
- Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.
- Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods you are not authorized to sell or advertise.
- Airline, bus or train tickets that restrict transfer, and tickets of any kind that you are not authorized to sell.
- Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized to sell.
- Gambling items, including but not limited to lottery tickets, sports trading card 'grab bags', raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines.
- Preowned or rebuilt batteries, or batteries containing mercury.
- Preowned bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
- Baby or adult cribs with drop-down sides.
- Non-packaged food items or adulterated food.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information.