Material Management Worker
Crown Consulting, Inc.
Point of Contact: Martha Sumrall Boshnick
Telephone: 703-650-0663 ext 3059
Job Title: Material Management Worker
The Materiel Management Worker performs various routine assignments of receiving and accounting for materials from vendors within our warehouse. This position requires the use of an Inventory Control System to account for materials received. Parts are then issued by part numbers to rack fabrication personnel. This position requires knowledge of storage methods and procedures, warehousing practices and techniques and stock identification methods. Typical duties that this position would encounter include:
a. Routine maintenance of the inventory management system and required inventory management reports for Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Government Furnished Property (GFP).
b. Properly store materials in designated locations while maintaining a first-in first-out (FIFO) inventory control system.
c. Barcoding the finished product.
d. Maintaining all packing lists provided by vendors and entering this data in Inventory Control System.
e. Work closely with rack fabrication support team to ensure ongoing and timely supply of materials.
f. Submitting quarterly inventory reports of racks shipped and materials on hand quantities.
- High school diploma or its equivalent;
- At least 2 (two) years of related experience managing material inventory and shipments;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to change priorities and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis;
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough;
- Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point;
- Willing to work in a team environment with occasional travel;
- Physically able to lift and/or carry, for short distances, at least 75 lbs. of weight;
- The ability to operate forklifts and pallet jacks in the performance of warehousing duties;
- Able track all 150 different types of assemblies in Inventory Control System.
An ideal candidate would also possess:
- An Associate’s Degree.
- Experience with ERP systems
Posted: April 16, 2018