DeGeorge at Union Station
Houston, TX 77002
A single room occupancy facility, meaning each resident has their own room with a bed, dresser, desk, small bathroom, microwave and mini-frig. The vets share a small community kitchen.
The DeGeorge at Union Station works with veterans to help identify mental and physical health issues, and locates service providers and treatment options. The DeGeorge gives veterans access to a number of basic services including:
- A computer station, fax machine, copy machine, and phone bank
- John P. McGovern Health Services center
- Many area agencies/providers (Harris County Health Department, Houston Bar Association, VA Regional Office, Social Security, etc.) offer on-site services
- Van transportation for medical appointments, etc.
- Emergency food pantry
- Residents receive new household items on arrival (bed linens, towels, hygiene, etc.)
- Cable available on a large screen TV in the lobby
- Library reading area
- Limited free parking
- Easy access to light rail system and Metro bus