Richland County Board of Developmental Disabilities
Point of Contact: Mary Carey
Job Title: Registered Nurse
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provision of quality nursing care services to individuals to promote their health and safety.
NATURE OF WORK:
1. Renders quality nursing care services to facility individuals as directed by licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, in adherence to the Nurse Practice Act and in accordance with the facility's objectives and policies (e.g. administers medications, treatments, tube feedings; assesses resident's needs, identifies problems, plans and initiates appropriate nursing interventions). Coordinates daily nursing operations by delegating duties to direct care staff, monitoring the flow of LPN assignments as necessary, providing expertise to direct care staff when indicated; preparing and giving evaluation of direct care staff; and communicates and consults with other allied medical personnel.
2. Prepares and maintains documentation relative to individual (e.g. completes daily charting, updates the individual's Plans, ensures adherence to Standards of Nursing Practices and Governmental Regulating Agencies).
3. Gathers, summarizes, and presents the medical portion of the individual's Person Centered Plan to the interdisciplinary team at regularly scheduled meetings, reviews and reports concerns to consulting medical personnel, and serves as a liaison between physicians and other team members.
4. May prepare and present in-service training to Residential staff.
5. May assume nursing on-call duties as assigned.
6. Performs other related duties as needed and as assigned.
Current licensure by the Ohio State Board of Nursing. Good physical stamina with the ability to lift 50 lbs, bend, stoop, position, and transfer. Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio Driver's License and be insurable. Maintain certification for licensure as required by the Ohio State Board of Nursing.
Benefits include medical, dental, eye, life, retirement, tuition reimbursement, sick, personal and vacation. RNs are eligible for experience pay, and sign-on and retention bonuses.
Posted: November 15, 2018