Replacing Military Records 


If discharge or separation documents are lost, veterans or the next of kin of deceased veteran may obtain duplicate copies by completing forms found on the Internet or this web site.


Alternatively, write the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Ave., St, Louis, MO 63132-5100.  Specify that a duplicate separation document is needed.  The veterans full name should be printed or typed so that it can be read clearly, but the request must also contain the signature of the veteran or the signature of the next of kin, if the veteran is deceased.  Include the veterans branch of service, service number or Social Security number and exact or approximate dates and years of service.  Use Standard For 180, “Request Pertaining To Military Records.”