VA outpatient dental treatment includes the full spectrum of diagnostic, surgical, restorative and preventive
procedures. The extent of care provided may be influenced by eligibility category.
The following veterans are eligible to receive dental care:
1. Veterans with service-connected, compensable dental conditions.
2. Former POWS
3. Veterans with service-connected , non-compensable
dental conditions as a result of combat wounds or service injuries.
4. Veterans with non-service-connected dental conditions determined by the VA to be aggravating a service-connected
Veterans with service-connected conditions rated permanently and totally disabling or 100 percent by reason of permanent unemployability
6. Veterans in a VA vocational
Certain enrolled homeless veterans.
8. Veterans with nonservice-connected dental conditions who received dental treatment while in an impatient
in a VA facility.
Veterans requiring treatment for dental conditions clinically determined to be complicating a medical condition currently
Recently discharged veterans who served on active duty 90 days or more and who apply for VA dental care within 180 days of
separation from active duty, may receive a one time dental treatment if their certificate of discharge does not indicate ha
they received necessary dental care within 90-day period prior to discharge.