When is my check delivered?
A check covering the initial amount due under this award will be mailed within 15 days.  Thereafter, checks will be delivered at the beginning of each month for the prior month.                                   


How can I receive hospitalization and outpatient treatment?

Veterans who have one or more service-connected disabilities as determined by the Veterans Benefits Administration are eligible for medical care through the VA health care system.  If you are interested in obtaining VA medical care, you may contact your nearest VA health care facility or the VA Enrollment Service Center at 1-877-222-8387.
I am moving to another state.  How do I transfer my care to a new VA health care facility?
If you want to transfer your care from one VA health care facility to another, contact the Enrollment Office for assistance in transferring your care and establishing an appointment at the new facility.   

How can I receive dental treatment?

If you are evaluated as 100% disabled for service-connected disabilities or as 100% disabled because of individual unemployability, you may be eligible for VA dental treatment.  For additional information, contact your nearest VA Medical Center or Outpatient Clinic.                      

How can I receive additional compensation or dependents?
Veterans having 30% or more service-connected condition may be entitled to additional compensation for a spouse, dependent parents, or unmarried children under 18 (or under 23 if attending an approved school) or when prior to age 18 the has become permanently incapable of self-support because of mental or physical defect.  The additional benefit for a spouse is payable in a higher amount upon receipt of evidence establishing that the spouse is a patient in a nursing home or so disabled as to require the aid and attendance of another person.
Can I ever cancel my VA health care coverage?
You may request to dis-enroll from VA health care at any time, commonly referred to as cancel/decline. To request to be dis-enrolled, you must submit a signed and dated document requesting to be dis-enrolled from VA health care to a VA Medical Center or you may mail the request to:
Health Eligibility Center
Enrollment & Eligibility Division
2957 Clairmont Rd., Ste. #200
Atlanta, GA  30329


Note:  If you decide to cancel your VA health care coverage, please note this may impact your health care coverage requirements under the Affordable Care Act if you do not have other qualifying health care.

How can I receive increased benefits based on individual unemployability?

If your service-connected disabilities are seriously disabling and you are unable to secure and hold steady work, employment because of your disabilities, you may apply to receive total disability.  To apply for this benefit, you should contact the nearest VA office and complete VA Form 21-8940, “Veteran’s Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability.”                                                                              



How can I receive a clothing allowance?  

You may be eligible if, because of a service-connected disability, you wear or use a prothetic device or orthopedic appliance which tends to wear out or tear clothing.  You may also be eligible is a doctor has prescribed medication for a service-connected skin condition, and the medication causes irreparable damage to your outer garments.  To apply for the benefit, contact the Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service at your nearest VA Medical Center or Outpatient Clinic.
If enrolled in the VA health care system, must I use VA as my exclusive health care provider?
There is no requirement that the VA become your exclusive provider of care.  If you are a veteran who is receiving care from both VA and a local provider, it is important for your health and safety that your care is coordinated, resulting in one treatment plan (co-managed care). 

| 1 | 2 |

Sign-Up for our FREE Veteran Newsletters and FREE Veteran Alerts.

Full name:
 * required
Email address:
 * required

I agree to receive FREE veteran newsletters and alerts.


Veteran ID Card
Veteran ID Card
No longer will you have to carry around your DD Form 214 as proof of your military service.  The Veteran ID Card will quickly establish you as a veteran, along with other essential benefits.  More...